nanos GbR
iRequire

Syncing of explosions and things that collapse

Hey, i just have fast little questions. I think these questions were being answered to already, but i don't want to look in every single thread.

Are explosions of e.g. military bases synced and are they resetting themselves after a while, are they streamed and synced for all nearby players?
And what about bridges that collapse for example?

I can't wait! :-)

Edited by iRequire

2 hours ago, iRequire said:

So if i demolish a bridge for example, my friend doesn't see that? :/ That would not be so cool..

I think it depends on where your friend is. I'm making some assumptions here (and I didn't pay enough attention in the beta), but if you're within streaming distance of your friend, and he shot down the bridge using missiles (for example), then you would have those missiles in your world because those are synced.. And if you have those missiles in your game that would mean that the bridge on your client would be destroyed. However if your friend destroyed the bridge and those missiles were not streamed to you (if you were too far away or something), and then you went to the bridge, it would still be there, and your friend's bridge wouldn't. 

Once they figure out some sort of way to detect destruction, I'm not even sure how they would sync that. It comes down to which client you're going to base the "synced" world off of. Then they'd have to make decisions on how the world resets (or leave that up to scripters). I think their best path would be to leave destruction unsynced and provide scripters with the tools to handle it the way they want to. Less of a mess that way. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Dev_34 said:

I think it depends on where your friend is. I'm making some assumptions here (and I didn't pay enough attention in the beta), but if you're within streaming distance of your friend, and he shot down the bridge using missiles (for example), then you would have those missiles in your world because those are synced.. And if you have those missiles in your game that would mean that the bridge on your client would be destroyed. However if your friend destroyed the bridge and those missiles were not streamed to you (if you were too far away or something), and then you went to the bridge, it would still be there, and your friend's bridge wouldn't. 

Once they figure out some sort of way to detect destruction, I'm not even sure how they would sync that. It comes down to which client you're going to base the "synced" world off of. Then they'd have to make decisions on how the world resets (or leave that up to scripters). I think their best path would be to leave destruction unsynced and provide scripters with the tools to handle it the way they want to. Less of a mess that way. 

100 points to this explanation.

well it depends, If 1 player destroys something near the the other player, it will get streamed, but if he's far away, it won't, the stream has a limited area for every player.
Imagine yourself as a circle on the map: every circle has it's own world, chaos area, but when more circles meet, so does their chaos area, I hope that explained anything