nanos GbR
Dennis S.

JC3:MP - 1.1 Development Blog #1

Dennis Schlotterbeck - Community Manager (Twitter: @dennismitzwein)

Heyho folks, your administrative issues are back again with the fancy Devblogs! 🔥

Without further ado let's get right into it!

Main topic: spawnable objects

We are now able to spawn any game object anywhere in the world. We are still working on the networking part and once that's done we will be able to sync those objects between players and then you can interact with objects that allow it and it will be completely synced. For example, if you were to spawn a life raft you'd be able to push it and surf around on it, this would then be completely synced to all players! You can use the scripting API to turn objects into vehicles or use them for anything you can think of and have players interact with objects in ways you can't imagine just yet!

A few pictures of internal tests:

hSH2HpX.thumb.jpg.31cd7b1a7ff0bb12170f856ea018135e.jpg

HAyx933.thumb.jpg.14cb1c923f96ec0cd3167eb19cec0be5.jpg

HS5dktl.thumb.jpg.8ed3bd0a14f4e6f915d6cc5c5f43ea97.jpg

Changes, new features and fixes:

• We are currently implementing the scripting functionality from the old client into the new, rewritten client - we expect further internal tests with the testers soon.
  • We implemented the sync of the old client into the new client and working now on further sync improvements.
  • We are currently working on implementing custom characters, the characters have to be able to use the wingsuit, parachute and grappling hook and in it's current state it's nowhere near done. Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/ZAeIe

That was the development blog for this week. See you again next sunday 7pm UTC, most likely with a video devblog aswell. 😉

Awesome, I'm looking very forward to 1.1! The synced gameobjects look especially cool. I have some script ideas already that will make good use of them.

Just now, Nanotron800 said:

are there still gonna be multi tethers added in 1.1? 

Yes, tethering will be added with 1.1. We're working on it and show you of course some footage of that in one of the devblogs as soon as there's some showable progress made.

On 14/10/2017 at 2:24 PM, Dennis S. said:

HAyx933.jpg

Hay that's pretty cool!

Yes I created an account just to make this pun.

Edited by Yan2295

7 hours ago, Yan2295 said:

Yes I created an account just to make this pun.

I had hopes you'd come along with a new, fancy joke :( 

6 hours ago, Mark Samakai said:

Will workshop be added for community content?

Community content can be found and added btw on our package page (packages are the main content as they are the gamemodes you're playing on). New models, mods and stuff are not implemented yet, but that's planned for a future update (not in the near future though). Eventually including Steam workshop. 

1 hour ago, Spag33ti said:

Actually can we spawn strippers on the 1.1 update xD?

As we work on the skin characters you could actually be a stripper if you want to *inserts kappa face* 

9 hours ago, Dev_34 said:

It would be helpful to have syncing options for objects as well, such as the streaming distance API feature from JC2MP.

I'll forward this to the devs, but I do not promise that to come in the first version of 1.1.