nanos GbR
Pascal S.

JC3:MP Beta Release Announcement

2 years. 2 long. I could have waited 2, maybe 3 seconds longer.

Nothing more satisfying than final getting your product to market...

Enjoy the brief moment between its out there!!! And... wtf is this? How do I do anything?!? :'''(

Hope you all planned on spending your holidays doing tech support.

It is not over until everyone is :-)

1 hour ago, treboR said:

2 years. 2 long. I could have waited 2, maybe 3 seconds longer.

Nothing more satisfying than final getting your product to market...

Enjoy the brief moment between its out there!!! And... wtf is this? How do I do anything?!? :'''(

Hope you all planned on spending your holidays doing tech support.

It is not over until everyone is :-)

1.) Just Cause 3 is out since one year. If you are Marty McFly: stop being him.

2.) No, we haven't planned our holidays on doing tech support. And we won't do that. We are offering a free multiplayer modification which we've created in our freetime. If you think we must offer you now tech support during our holidays then I have to say you are in the wrong community.

• Upvote 1

1.) Just Cause 3 is out since one year. If you are Marty McFly: stop being him.

2 years I've followed nanos... 5 years if you count IVMP and M2MP

And I'd rethink your attitude to number two. But maybe no one will need help. Is maybe your plan?

I'd think about your opinion, how you're talking to us, your questions and everything else you're doing here. Srsly. Isn't it enough that we created this in our free time? We HAVE offer our holiday time too now? Cmon. If that is really your opinion then pls go. I don't need such not-thankful people in this community.

• Upvote 1

Equally you shouldn't represent this as a zero sum agony for all devs. Building a multiplayer for an Avalanche game is a portfolio stuffer you'll all reap profit from for decades to come as you present this gem to potential employer after employer. It is a tremendous achievement whose value will out live its imposition on your freetime.

I would like to ask you to stop demanding. Even if you waited 20 years for us to finish (which you did not, you waited about 1 year) this is still a free mod done in our free time besides most of us working full-time, studying and doing voluntary work for society. Releasing such a complicated mod within 1 year is astonishing and I really admire all of our devs for working night after night to make the impossible possible.

As many of you guys already know we are always in contact with the community and have done our best to support anybody and to directly answer questions of everyone personally: That is something you are not seeing everywhere. We will be providing support, yes, and we will be still in contact with the community BUT Christmas Holiday, and especially taking time for our families and loved ones, is also very important to us. We are doing our best and I think most people here really appreciate all the time we do not only put into developing this mod, but also into interacting with everybody following our project.

What you have said here is not only just rude, it is also very upsetting to those like me, who really try to be connected to all of you as best as possible. Hell, we are even reading and talking on Discord while travelling to work on the bus and on the subway because we know somebody of you could need our assistance.

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, Brothan said:

Awesome, awesome. Do you need the dlc to play the mp?

Some servers using DLC content may require you to own the DLC. Most of the time you will not need it however.

• Upvote 1

Seems the answer is no dlcs required. Servers will have or not have a dlc mandate. Otherwise I suspect you'll see what the player is doing just not what they are doing it in or on if you dont have the dlc.

Just now, treboR said:

Seems the answer is no dlcs required. Servers will have or not have a dlc mandate. Otherwise I suspect you'll see what the player is doing just not what they are doing it in or on if you dont have the dlc.

Kinda correct. Non DLC servers may not use any DLC content (e.g. the Island will not get loaded) - this is however not fully finished at the Beta release, which means DLC islands are also visible for DLC owners on non-DLC servers. Servers requiring the players to own certain DLC can not be entered if the player doesn't own it.