Jump to content
nanos GbR
Martin K.

Multiplayer for other games

Recommended Posts

I actually like the Skyrim idea, too. Bethesda actively encourages the modding community (It is what keeps/kept Skyrim kind of alive), so I dont think we would run into problems. But we would have to investigate to which extent we could support other mods, because most people love to use their other mods. Vanilla Skyrim is not bad though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JC3 is currently leading the vote and if you guys decide to add MP to it you'd have my full support development-wise (assuming the project is open-source and you're accepting collaborators).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jan C. Since most mods are in the steam Workshop anyways, you could probably just allow servers to add workshop Urls to a list and make the Client download it from Steam (maybe even use a Steam API to check if a mod is active).

The way I see it, Just Cause 3 is probably the best choice for Freeroam/Stunt/Fun servers while its Roleplay Opportunities are way more limited than GTA V.
Skyrim on the other hand would be great for Roleplay, but barely offers possibilites for Stunt/Fun Servers.
Skyrim would probably have better accessibility since it's a pretty cheap buy-in (even only for multiplayer).
Just Cause 3 is still full price and there are probably less people willing to buy a 60$ Game just for a MP mod, nevertheless it still has the release hype and I also bought GTA V just for the mp mod so who knows :D

Maybe with a good documentation for nanos.io it would encourage others to develop multiplayer mods for more Games on the list so we don't even really have to choose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jan C. said:

I actually like the Skyrim idea, too. Bethesda actively encourages the modding community (It is what keeps/kept Skyrim kind of alive), so I dont think we would run into problems. But we would have to investigate to which extent we could support other mods, because most people love to use their other mods. Vanilla Skyrim is not bad though.

There was a project called Skyrim Online, as i remember it was closed after Bethesda contacted these guys. Same thing happened with Fallout 3/NV MP (dont remember the name of the mod). So Bethesda games are not the good idea to make your projects.

Edited by memb3e

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Skyrim Online devs actually had another Project for hosting private TESO Servers. This Project got shut down by Bethesda, because it interfered directly with the Business model of TESO. Which is totally fine in my opinion, since private Servers don't create value on their but instead just host the Content created by the devs and sometimes even earn massive amounts of money with selling items.

Source: http://skyrim.ophelia-core.com/showthread.php?tid=1015

Edited by Tirus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about GTA IV? There were some developers working on it, but it was given up on it.

 

I wouldn't mind seeing Sleeping Dog's MP being developed (they already created Triad Wars, but it ain't free-roamish)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, happy to see our community standing together even after what happened to GTA:MP

I'm here to vote/propose games myself where you may be able to create a multiplayer gamemode :)

Far Cry 3/4 why not, FC4 has a little more content (vehicles, weapons, driveby possibility) than FC3, but I think that FC3 map is better (sea, land, caves, bunkers, camps...) so it might be more fun to create on it.

I find it difficult to imagine a multiplayer on L.A Noire, but I really like the ambience so why not :)

about Just Cause 3 I read something about the developpers that will help any people trying to make a multiplayer for it, can find the link and the "source" wasn't a reliable one so don't rest on this info.

For Fallout 3 I'd rather see Fallout New Vegas instead for my reasons (gameplay mechanics, weapons, map, or just for global content) but why not, can't tell for Fallout 4 I don't have it yet.

If you want to create a multiplayer to a game, try to contact the studio who makes the game (the smaller the game is, the easier it will be to have the authorization)

 

If you think you can handle creating your own game, try to stay close to the community, it's the only thing "indies" can have to make some kind of advertising :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Caine1911 said:

Hello everyone, happy to see our community standing together even after what happened to GTA:MP

I'm here to vote/propose games myself where you may be able to create a multiplayer gamemode :)

Far Cry 3/4 why not, FC4 has a little more content (vehicles, weapons, driveby possibility) than FC3, but I think that FC3 map is better (sea, land, caves, bunkers, camps...) so it might be more fun to create on it.

I find it difficult to imagine a multiplayer on L.A Noire, but I really like the ambience so why not :)

about Just Cause 3 I read something about the developpers that will help any people trying to make a multiplayer for it, can find the link and the "source" wasn't a reliable one so don't rest on this info.

For Fallout 3 I'd rather see Fallout New Vegas instead for my reasons (gameplay mechanics, weapons, map, or just for global content) but why not, can't tell for Fallout 4 I don't have it yet.

If you want to create a multiplayer to a game, try to contact the studio who makes the game (the smaller the game is, the easier it will be to have the authorization)

 

If you think you can handle creating your own game, try to stay close to the community, it's the only thing "indies" can have to make some kind of advertising :)

I'm pretty sure Square & Avlanche studios. Will help, after all they did allow Valve to add the JC2 MP mod as a (FREE) DLC.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted for Mafia II and L.A Noire, that would be really really nice with some GTA V aspects, like choosing skins from the game and role play whoever you want to be. Also, I've seen that someone mentioned SAMP here, SAMP is the most powerful role play tool that has been out there since today! Too bad GTA San Andreas doesn't support a lot of things like MTA does. If you guys could actually build that multiplayer on any of those games mentioned in the thread, base it especially on SAMP. For role playing servers, it's all we want it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2015 at 4:53 PM, az1 said:

Go multi for state of decay !

Yes, please! State of Decay is really great. However, making it multiplayer would require some rethinking of gameplay...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Far Cry 3 - not played
Far Cry 4 - not played
LA Noire - Worst open world ever made
The Witcher 3 - not played
Just Cause 3 - already being developed? http://jc3mp.com/
Skyrim - I prefer sleeping pills
Watch Dogs - Not played
Fallout 3 - 7 years too late
Fallout 4 - So derivative
Sleeping Dogs - playing now, ready to delete it.


So... JC3

Edited by treboR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see a Skyrim MP mod. That'd be freakin' awesome. The map is good, engine is good, everything is pretty sweet. The Elder Scrolls online is garbage, so I've only ever played in Single Player Skyrim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, you should totally create a multiplayer version for No Man's Sky! I just love this game, it is amazing! I love exploring the space, but I would love it even more if I will be able to explore it with my friends...

 

There could be a lot of functions to implement like trading ships, materials, creating parties, squads, or even playing with your friends on the same ship, joint inventories, etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your Idea, but currently they don't have the time for such projects. The main focus is Improving the Framework and working on the JC3MP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hiperkie said:

There could be a lot of functions to implement like trading ships, materials, creating parties, squads, or even playing with your friends on the same ship, joint inventories, etc...

People could just buy "Star Citizen" if they like that stuff. "No Man's Sky" is a cheap RNG indie title turned AAA via price function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GTA IV would be just fine... They should've picked GTA IV since they were really promising to help out the role play community, but checking out Just Cause just killed my hopes and dreams. Just Cause, in my opinion, is built more for stunt/deathmatch type of multiplayer and don't get me wrong, it's fun, but it get's boring after sometime. I know they're focusing on their Framework stuff and Just Cause III, but after watching those videos in their channel, GTA IV already had something quite finished and working, why don't you guys release it? 

Edited by naito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@naitoBecause GTA IV:MP had some bad issues and wasn't stable and completed enough for a release. Furthermore IV:MP wouldn't meet our own expectations and standards.

Releasing a multiplayer for GTA IV isn't smart based on our experiences. A release could lead us into bigger legal issues we don't want to have. We respect their copyrights and we are really happy that we have a good partner with Square Enix on our side.

We also think that Just Cause provides a lot of opportunities for RP game modes. Maybe they wouldn't be like RP game modes you would create within GTA. But imagine a RP game mode where small groups can conquer areas and bases, where they fight other groups, where they have to take care about their resources (fe. to create new vehicles, new base elements, to harvest...). This is only a small idea you could use to create a powerful and nice RP game mode.

Finally this discussion here is outdated due to the reasons you wrote, so I will lock this. If you have any further questions related to this topic feel free to ask by writing a personal message. Thank you and have a good day!

Malte

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.