Welcome to nanos GbR

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Martin K.

Submit your ideas and change the way JC3MP is developed

181 posts in this topic

Hey Folks!

We want to hear from you what you expect from us and JC3MP (asset import, map editing, map editor etc.). Feel free to write anything down you can imagine (even if it's the stupiest or most craziest idea)

Npc syncronisation would be cool if its not too much work. To create pve Servers like in arma.

Otherwise there should be a way to download models (car, character, weapon, handlinglines, etc) from a server like in MTA or FiveM.

Some type of script encryption would also be nice. sa:mp has something like that I think? So that people are not able to steal the scripts with external programms or whatever.

Edited by JustSpeedy

11 minutes ago, JustSpeedy said:

Npc syncronisation would be cool if its not too much work. To create pve Servers like in arma.

Otherwise there should be a way to download models (car, character, weapon, handlinglines, etc) from a server like in MTA or FiveM.

Some type of script encryption would also be nice. sa:mp has something like that I think? So that people are not able to steal the scripts with external programms or whatever.

+1 to allow model/ressources download when you join a server !

Thank you for your input. Comments and feedback like yours help us a lot on what we have to focus on.
We want to work on a concept how this mod shall be with you, the community, so if you have more feedback for us don't be afraid to share it. We won't bite ;)

cheers
Sebastian

An easy to use map-editor would be awesome, but i think someone will create one with scripts after it's released.

The possibility to use shaders and add AI-logic to NPCs would be amazing. Anyways, just do this like you did GTA:MP and this will be very good.

Edited by ReWrite

Posibility to conect to a mysql database would also be very usefull to make easy Player saves and cross platform Player dashboards.

Map editor is also Kinda important to make missionbuilding possible.

And possibility to hwid bann or Player guid ban for servers to Keep the trolls/hacker out. Without them coming back with just a vpn like in samp.

& make reshade (http://reshade.me/) compatible with the mod. Or make reshade even a standart feature -Imagen scriptable ppeffects like in arma but even better. With stuff like boketh blur and depth of field.

And dont forget voice over ip! Urgent ;b. Or at least a teamspeak plugin like tsrf for arma

Edited by JustSpeedy

To make player can't use the "grapnel" and "parachute" so the choice to enabled or disabled and time between each use .

A map editor and objecteditor  the map editor something like i don't no unity or unrealengine and the objecteditor like unity with the inspector and the drag and drop .

make your own asset (3Dmoddel etc ...) and can script them easily if we wan't for exemple i create a car just to create a script and extands or something like that declared the weel for they can rotate and done .

the possibility to make the map be charge at 100%(little map) when the personne join the server or to be procedural (big map) like that the time to load the game is fast .

The Npc can be nice and the possibility to make what we wan't with them like zombie etc....

The possibility to activate or disactivate Modding on the server and a ModdingTools . (maybe it's exist i don't no )

i think i say everything

sorry for the bad english ^^ 

Like others have said, automatic downloading of assets (map/vehicles/scripts) needed to participate in whatever server you are joining. Full sync of NPC world. VOIP (with mute power).

I would also like to see;

steam integrated server browser (so you can see where your steam friends are playing etc)

customizable avatars 

Like JC2 multiplayer, being able to host own server and mod it

Custom missions!!!

Easy quick-change options for admins to change grapple length, wingsuit speed, parachute speed, etc.

In game content I envision is an easy join party system specific to the server you are on; once in a party you have have a choice of a tracer line that draws a line from your character to party members (or something unobtrusive) so you don't lose track of them when you are traveling around with them. Also cruise control that adapts to the speed of the party members in front for smooth "roadtrips" .

Personal vehicles having much more resistance to despawning would be good too, in single player I've had my vehicle disappear when I went to go do something else and it ruined the fun; of course a prespawned vehicle that I used should be able to despawn if I leave it for a bit though.

I hope the boost is ridiculous in JC3 like JC2, supercharging NOS Mod would be ideal.

Good luck with all your efforts.

12 hours ago, JustSpeedy said:

SA:MP just compiles its source code (.pwn files) to .amx files, which are binary. They cannot be read really, but there's some decompiler which can show you at least the format of the code, though it won't be able to reconstruct variable or function names.

Are there already plans on which language to use for scripting? I read about Javascript on the homepage (along with NodeJS), so I'm guessing you're thinking about using V8? I've mainly been developing using Swift this last year at work, which is now Open Source. Implementing this as a scripting language would likely be overkill, but I'm just tossing an idea into the room^^

A good UI system is a must have, building UIs in SA:MP was always such a hassle and really verbose.

Edited by Padarom

think we will go with the development stack we had before, meaning JS via Node.js and GUI via Chromium Embedded Framework. I'd definitely like that as it worked out pretty well with GTA:MP. Nothing has been decided about that yet, though. 

Focus on getting the multiplayer out. No wasting time adding nice to have stuff like downloadable assets before there's actual networking. Priorities have to be set day 1, it's okay to plan ahead for future addon stuff but for the first version you should focus on getting the basics right (basic networking, basic scripting possibly server-side only, no need for fancy feature sets).

Use Steam as an authentication system instead of creating your own nanos account system (if you had plans for creating some sort of global account system for the MP mod).

Honestly I don't see that much potential for JC3. I played it at a friends place and it's pretty dull if you're not into the whole mayhem/stunting thingy the game is about. I fear that you only picked it for the fact that the devs boasted they'd help modders.

Edited by Tim

27 minutes ago, Tim said:

Honestly I don't see that much potential for JC3. I played it at a friends place and it's pretty dull if you're not into the whole mayhem/stunting thingy the game is about. I fear that you only picked it for the fact that the devs boasted they'd help modders.

You could probably say that about any game. I have enough friends who don't like games like GTA. Obviously GTA has been more successful than Just Cause, but that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't have potential as a good multiplayer platform.

If JavaScript is chosen as the scripting language to use, then I think client side code would be great as well.

• Map, Vehicle, etc streaming from the server
  • scripting with JS (like GTAMP)
  • CEF
  • Optional Voice Chat
  • API for web development

modded car handling (original sucks), map editor for creating racing tracks and easy way to share these tracks with community (steam workshop may be), global statictics, points for participating in races, championships from admins.

btw, how many weeks u planning to reverse JC3 code? same as GTA or not?  

Going  open source would be a great idea you could get a lot of work done quickly seeing as how a lot of people could get involved directly  with the project  and we could have a working mod in weeks or days 

at least something to start with  Go open source, immediately  

Well, my ideas might sound stupid, but hey! they're mine :P

Ability to write your own gamemodes in all languages.. (not all, i mean almost all the "known" one).

Making Everything server-sided, ( Will prevent hacks from client side)

Ability to integrate plugins. (user made)

Ill think of more xD

15 hours ago, murdock said:

Going  open source would be a great idea you could get a lot of work done quickly seeing as how a lot of people could get involved directly  with the project  and we could have a working mod in weeks or days 

at least something to start with  Go open source, immediately  

Sorry for double - posting, but i dont really think going open source is a good idea, there had been discussion over SA-MP to forums to make it open source, So the updates are quicker, better more bug free. Well, it was refused saying that this will give more intel to hackers to develop hacks that are almost impossible to detect by anticheat scripted in .pwn. ( there are still some hacks undetected by script) unless admin banned manually. 

i'm not sure though

i say -1 for open source.